IDIQs are the Golden Egg of Contracting
For experienced federal contractors IDIQs (Indefinite Delivery / Indefinite Quantity) contracts are golden because of five important reasons:
- IDIQs reduce competition.
- Small businesses can participate in large IDIQs.
- An IDIQ task order award can be made in a matter of weeks, instead of up to a year or more.
- IDIQ awards tend to be “under the radar” and are not subject to as much public scrutiny and protests as public bids.
- Proposal writing costs are lower for IDIQ task orders than for public bids.
There are many different types of IDIQ contracts, some may be specific to your product or service. Join Fedmarket CEO and author of,Loading the Dice in DC, Legally, Richard White for an 60 minute webinar Understanding IDIQ, BPA, BOA, GWAC and GSA Contracts on September 27, 2012 at 1:00 pm EST.
Call 888 661 4094, Ext. 2 for more information or to register by phone. Fedmarket offers a range of full-day seminars covering topics such as GSA Schedules, federal sales and proposal development. View the Fedmarket seminar calendar for upcoming dates and locations.
For inquiries, call 888 661 4094. Press 2.
This article has been viewed: 685 times
Rate This Article
Be the first to rate this article